Sunday, November 11, 2012

CHAPTER 1 STORY (COMPLETE)

Disclaimer: This is merely a fan translation.  I am in no way affliated with Namco Bandai or Tales Studio or any of its affliations.  I don't hold any rights to Tales of Xillia 2 and it is the property of Namco Bandai. 
The translation is unofficial and there may be mistakes so if you find any, please kindly leave me a message.  I humbly ask that all readers refrain from copying my translations and posting it on other sites. As I'm doing the translations as a hobby, this will be a slow process.  I can't guarantee frequent updates or if I'll finish it at all for that matter.  So we'll see how it goes~ Anyway, that is all!
-------------------------

(battle)

Ludger: Haa!
???: Heh... the same stance eh? We really are brothers.  But-!
Ludger: Taa! Ah...!
???: "Judgement" is cruel, cruel to the point one cannot withstand it.
Ludger: Kugh!
???: Humans are weak, weak to the point it'll destroy the world... Yes.. this is a curse!
Ludger: Ugh..
???: What's needed is "Choice" - Your life, the world, and all of you, a "Choice" that bets on all that! Can you do that?! Answer me Ludger Will Kresnik!!
Ludger: Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

Ludger: Ah! ..... Uwah!

------------------------

Chapter 1  走り出す運命

???: You're cutting it close, Ludger.  You do realize that this is the entrance test for Clanspia Company right?

option: (You do realize that this is the entrance test right?)
L1: I know that, Julius.
R1: I know that, brother.

(note: depending on what you choose here, it'll reflect on all later conversations)

L1 route >
Julius: Knowing that and yet you were almost late.  You've always been quite bold in strange places.

R1 route >
Julius: Don't call me brother.  Today I am your test supervisor.  Clanspia Company's test is not something you can just get by through connections.
Ludger: ....

option: (What's wrong, that weird expression?)
L1: ... I had a dream in which I was killed by brother...
R1: It's nothing.


L1 route >
Julius: I killed you... Hah, well, I guess if you ate my tomato cream puff, that might happen?
(Ludger shakes head)
Julius: Then that takes care of that. Anyway, right now instead of the dream, reality is more important.  Let's begin the test.

R1 route >
Julius: ... Is that so?  Since it's nothing, let's begin the test.

Julius: The test will be carried out using this underground training ground. Even though the training ground extends to all areas of Torigraf, and it is possible to exit the city, but for today, leaving this area will result in a fail. As for weapon, use this. Heh, the same stance eh? We really are brothers. The test is actual combat. Kill 5 monsters in this training ground within the time limit, then return here. Any injury incurred during the test is your own responsibility. Got that? Anyway, the test supervisor is your big brother. I won't let you die. No time for jokes, here they come!

------------------------

Girl: Ahhh!!!

option: (what to do?)
L1:  Help me, brother!
R1:  Save the girl


L1 route >
Julius:  Did I say that clearing the mission mean you pass the test?  The test is continuing.
Girl: Ahh!
Julius: What are you going to do, Ludger?
Ludger: Ugh... Uwah!
Julius: You couldn't choose eh... As expected, you... Ludger Will Kresnik, fail.
Ludger: .....

R1 route >
Ludger: Hahhhh!
Girl: Thanks, you saved me.. *takes out the knife*
Ludger: Eh??
Julius: A surprise attack, it's a common tactic in actual combat.  Did you not even suspect anything when the girl appeared out of nowhere?  This is a test to measure your judgemental skill.  Ludger Will Kresnik, fail.
Ludger: .....

------------------------ anime cutscene start

Masked Man: Elle! Wait!
Elle: !!
Soldier: Ugh!
Soldier: They jumped down!  Don't let them get away!
Elle: Papa's pocket watch...
Masked Man: Elle, you already know how to read the watch right?  You have to get on the 10 o'clock train that departs from the Torigraf central station.  Then, aim for the Land of Kanan.
Elle: Land of Kanan?
Masked Man: A place that can grant all wishes.  A place where Papa can live peacefully with Elle.
Elle: A place that can grant all wishes...
Masked Man:  Even if you're scared, even if it's hard, try your best to reach that place.
Elle: ... Okay.  It's a promise.
Masked Man: To the boat! Go! To the Land of Kanan!
Soldier: Victol!
Elle: What about Papa?!
Masked Man: Papa will follow for sure!
Elle: Papa~~!!!
Soldier: Hmph, she escaped.
Soldier: The "Key" should be with this guy.  It's not a problem.
Soldier: This... this is..

------------------------ anime cutscene end

Julius: Hey Ludger!  Are you going to keep on sleeping?  It's your first day on the job and yet you're quite bold.  As a big brother, should I give you an advice?

option: (As a big brother, should I give you an advice?)
L1:  Yes please, Julius.
R1:  Save it.


L1 route >
Julius: You saying it so formally makes me nervous, but being a Chef is something you've finally decided on.  Please do your best.
Ludger: Hah
Julius: Don't laugh!  Well, if it's your cooking, you'll do well in the cafeteria at the station.  Coming from someone who eats them everyday, I can guarantee that.

R1 route >
Julius: ... You're right, you're not a kid anymore.
Ludger: ...
Julius: About Clanspia Company's selection test, are you still holding a grudge?  A job at the station cafeteria, I think it'll suit you...
Ludger: ....

Julius: Lulu's saying she's hungry, let's eat. Chef, what's on today's menu?

option: (What's on today's menu?)
L1:  Tomato omelette
R1:  Mapo curry


L1 route >
Julius: You.. you're probably thinking of brushing me off just by feeding me tomato huh? Although that's not far from the truth.

R1 route >
Julius: You... you're actually quite into this huh?

Julius: Alright alright, Lulu will get the Royal Catfood... or not, put up with dried food for now.  You've become quite fat these days.
News Reporter: Moving on to the next piece of news.  Askold, the natural facility invested by both the government and Clanspia Company, will begin operations today. Askold holds the largest scale of natural resources production capability, and people all over are placing great expectations on its operation stabilizing the food supply.  At 10 o'clock today, a special ceremonial train will depart from the Torigraf central station, and Clanspia Company President Bisley among other famous personnels are expected to attend the commemoration ceremony.
Julius: A special train... it's departing from your workplace.
Ludger: ...
Julius: Oh yea, is there anything you want?  Think of it as your present for securing a job.

option: (Anything you want?)
L1:  I want Julius' watch.
R1:  Nothing really.


L1 route >
Julius: ... You want this old pocket watch? If you want a watch, I'll buy you a better one.

R1 route >
Julius: You don't have to worry about me.  But if you say the apartment, I'll be in a bind.

Julius: Ahh a necktie's probably good.   You'll be serving lots of customers at the station, so looking properly attired is important.  Ah.. I should get going... !? ...
Ludger: ?
Julius: Anyway, I'll be back.  You should hurry along too.  It'll look bad for a station employee to be late.

------------------------

Jude: Leia, you're the one who wants the news coverage.  Even bugged Baran-san for a ticket.  You want me to cover the story in your stead?  But I don't even know which one's the special train.. What?! Sigh.. what to do...

option: (Don't even know which one's the special train)
L1:  Should I show you?  I'm also going to the station anyway
R1:  If it's the special ceremonial train, I think you'll know once you get to the station


L1 route >
Jude: Eh? Is that really ok?  Then please.

R1 route >
Jude: Hm.. but speaking of trains, they all look the same to me.  I took the wrong train once before and ended up going to Dovul... are you going to show me?

Jude: You really saved me.  My friend stood me up...
Elle: 10 o'clock train.... 10 o'clock train.... ?!... You, do you know a place with lots of big trains? It's called Torigraf central station... as if... like you'd know right? ... business district... train station!  Hey wait~! Are you going to the train station too~?

- SKIT: Teenager Heading To the Station -
Jude: Even though this is not the first time I've been in Torigraf, but I still get lost everytime
Ludger: ....
Jude: You're also on your way to the station right?

L1 route > I work at the station cafeteria, what about you?
Jude: I'm going to the Askold natural facility to do some inspections. I was invited to the ceremony. 
Ludger: I see...
Jude: It's because I have a friend who is a related personnel.  I'm still just a newbie researcher... Ah! Any lunch boxes you recommend from the station cafeteria?
Ludger: Hmm...
Jude: I've heard about the Torigraf specialty Chicken Gratin lunch box...

R1 route >  So bothersome.  Ignore him.
Ludger: ....
Jude: Uh... ah! Wait for me!  Geez, all because Leia suddenly said she's not coming...

------------------------ anime cutscene start

Ludger: Look!
Jude: So that's the special train.
Bisley: Is that the one?
Secretary: Yes. A message from vice division leader Ridou. "Suspicious activity from the Crown.  Be alert."
Bisley: Hmph.  If that person's setting up a trap for me, that will make for some entertainment.
Station Employee: We've been waiting for you, Bisley-sama.  The special train will depart on schedule.
Jude: Thanks.  Thanks to you I can get on the train.

------------------------ anime cutscene end

Station Employee: I'm sorry but I'm kind of busy right now.  Please head to the station administrative office regarding lost children.
Ludger: ?
Station Employee: Can you come with me to the station attendant's office for a bit?  This little girl is saying that you did some strange things to her...
Ludger: ?!
Elle: Sorry..
Station Employee: Wait! You planning to run away!?

option: (Planning to run away!?)
L1:  Resist.
R1:  No, you're wrong! That little girl lied!


L1 route >
Station Employee: Uwah! Uh!
Woman: Kyah!
Station Employee: You!

R1 route >
Station Employee: What good is it for you to do that? If you persist, things will turn ugly.
Crowd: Did something happen?
Crowd: There's a pervert, and to a little kid too.
Ludger: ... Damn!

*explosion & terrorist intrusion*

option: (What should I do?)
L1:  Board the train
R1:  Run away from here


------------------------

Elle: Pa....Pa... ah.. uhh..
Ludger: !

option: (What should I do?)
L1:  Fight back
R1:  Surrender


L1 route >
Ludger: Uwohh!!
Terrorist: This guy... is he an agent?!  This is the end!
Elle: Use this!

Elle: I'm fine... totally fine... Kyahh!
Jude: ... Huh?
Bisley: That was impressive, Dr. Mathis.  That was Lieze Maxia's martial artes just now right?  It's something I'd like the guards at my Company to learn as well.... But even if I say that, it's still not possible for us to use Spirit artes like you Lieze Maxians.
Jude: It's a good thing we're aboard the same car.
Bisley: The guy over there is also quite skillful.  I'm the representative of Clanspia Company, Bisley Karcsi Bakur.

option: (What should I do?)
L1:  Shake hands, give your name
R1:  Don't shake hands, remain silent


L1 route >
Bisley: Ludger Will Kresnik... Julius' family?
Jude: Kresnik...!
Secretary: It's in the company records. Ludger-sama is division leader Julius' younger brother. Although it appears their mothers differ...
Bisley: Is that so? You're like family to me then.

R1 route >
Bisley: You... are you perhaps Julius'... ?
Secretary: According to the company records, Ludger Will Kresnik is division leader Julius' younger brother.
Jude: Kresnik...!
Secretary: Although it appears their mothers differ...
Bisley: No wonder your stance is so similar.  I've received a lot of help from your brother.

Ludger: ....
Elle: Ah!
Bisley: So it's starting.  Those Ark Noah...
Jude: Ark Noah!?
Secretary: A terrorist organization that is against peaceful dealings with Lieze Maxia.  My company's probably an eye-sore to those people since we support peaceful policies.  I'm afraid they're probably planning on running this train right into the Askold facility.
Elle: That's troublesome!

option: (What should I do?)
L1:  Stop the train!
R1:   If I stop the train, maybe you'll hire me or something...?


L1 route >
Elle: Is it possible? For sure? How?
Jude: If we can take control of the first car...
Bisley: Going for it? Interesting.

R1 route >
Bisley: If you can do that, I promise you the reward you deserve.

Jude: I'm going too.  I have a responsibility.
Bisley: As expected of you.
Jude: I am Jude Mathis.  Nice meeting you, Ludger.  Let's hurry!

Jude: Ludger, is it possible that you don't carry an Arrowsal Orb with you?
Ludger: .....
Jude: I have a spare one on me.  Carry it with you.  I think you already know this, but the Arrowsal Orb is a replacement for the deteriorated Lilial Orb.  If you have this, you can Link during combat.  Linking is.... guess it's faster to just try it out! (battle)
Jude:  Oh yeah.  I'll explain the growth feature of the Arrowsal Orb.  It's a power that existed in the Lilial Orb, but it's quite different so...
Ludger: ?
Jude: Due to the violent flood of mana that was released when the Shell shattered, all Lilial Orbs lost their powers.  And so, through a mana-absorbing Jin called "Absorber", elemental energies are supplied.  The object resulted in the revival of the growth and linking features.  That is the Arrowsal Orb.  Having said that... sorry that was drawn-out.  Anyway, shall we give it a try?

Secretary: Should we call the Alternate History Counter-measure Division for assistance?
Bisley: It's fine.  This is a great opportunity to see their capacities.
Elle: The watch is gone!!
Bisley: Little girl, it's dangerous to move around...
Elle: Even if it's dangerous, that thing is important to me!  It's my charm for getting to the Land of Kanan!
Bisley: Well well, things just turned interesting...

- SKIT: That Girl Just Now...? -
Jude: By the way, Ludger...
Ludger: ?
Jude: Who's that little girl just now?  Is it okay to leave her there?

L1 route > I was screwed over by that girl.  Labelling me a pervert...
Jude: Ludger a pervert?! Haha, that's impossible.  If that really is the case, I'll give you a beating first before we take care of those terrorists.

Ludger: ?!
Jude: ... Guess it's not the time for useless chatter. Let's hurry!


R1 route >  I don't know her.  I just happened to be there.
Jude: I see... But isn't it weird for a kid like her to be all alone by herself?  You think she got lost from her parents?
Ludger: ...
Jude: ... Guess it's not the time for useless chatter.  Let's hurry!

Jude: Looks like the operator's room is just ahead. I'll go in first. Can I count on you to back me up? Ludger
Ludger: !
Jude: I'll be fine.  I'm used to these kind of situations.  Even though my main profession is a medical scholar.

Jude: This is...?!
Ludger: !
Julius: Ludger?! Why...

option: (Ludger?! Why...)
L1:  Julius should be the one answering, why are you here?!
R1:  Just now... what was that?


L1 route >
Julius: ... this is work.
Bisley: Haha. I have a great subordinate. 

R1 route >
Julius: You... saw?
Elle: Ah! Do you know where Papa's pocket watch is?

Bisley: As expected of Crown Agent Julius.  That was fast work.
Julius: Please stop it with the jokes, President.
Bisley: But, to have such a talented little brother... looks like you've been protecting him carefully.  What a kind big brother.
Julius: ... That's a given!
Bisley: Is this really okay, in front of your little brother?
Julius: Kuh!
Elle: That pocket watch! Huh?!
Julius: !
Jude: Watch out!

option: (Watch out!)
L1:  Save the girl
R1:  Save Bisley


L1 route >
Elle: Ah, ah..
Terrorist: We won't allow it!  Things like merging with Lieze Maxia!
Julius: Shit!
Elle: Eh? ...what?
Ludger: Uwahhhh!!!
Terrorist: Ahhh!!!

------------------------

Jude: What was that just now....? Um...
Elle: Elle is Elle. Elle Mel Martha.
Jude: You don't have to worry, Elle.
Elle: I'm worried! That person, and that watch, they all turned strange!
Lulu: Meow
Ludger: .....
Jude: I seem to have an affinity with strange things, things like the Four Great Spirits, and the Master of the Spirits..
Elle: They're coming again!
Girl: President Verand, this way.
Verand: That was impressive, Nova-kun.  I would like all the guards to look up to you.
Jude: This line...
Nova: Ludger! You're here!?
Elle: A friend?
Nova: We're classmates.

option: (What to do?)
L1:  Anyway, we have to stop the train.
R1:  Search for brother.


L1 route >
Jude: Do you guys know the situation in the other cars?
Nova: Yeah.. A terrorist in a white coat killed all the passengers indiscriminately...

R1 route >
Elle: Search? You mean that guy with the glasses from before?
Jude: He seems to know what's going on.

Elle: Elle's going too!
Jude: No. It's too dangerous.
Elle: Elle also has to ride this train to the Land of Kanan no matter what.
Jude: Land of Kanan.. you mean the one in the legend?
Elle: You know about it?  It's probably somewhere!
Jude: I've only read about it in ancient archives so...
Elle: Ancient archives...
Jude: I understand.  But if battle breaks out...
Elle: Running away is my specialty.

- SKIT: Why Is Elle Alone? -
Lulu: Meow
Jude: Is this cat.. Ludger's?
Ludger: Yeah.
Jude: I thought he was the kid's companion.
Elle: I'm not afraid... I'm not afraid...
Jude: Hey Ludger.  You think Elle's alone?

L1 route > Probably.  It's dangerous, we can't leave her by herself.
Elle: I didn't ask for you to look after me.
Ludger: Huh?
Elle: Nothing~!
Ludger: ....

R1 route > Maybe her parents were killed by the terrorists..
Elle: You're wrong!  Elle came here all by herself!  I don't have a Mama since a long time ago, and Papa is... I'm not going to tell you guys!  If Papa's enemies get wind of it, it'll be troublesome!
Jude: Fine fine.  But we're not your enemies so you can relax.
Elle: As long as you know.

- SKIT: Alien Form -
Jude: But still... that form of Ludger's...
Elle: Somehow, he became scary.  Like a bad guy.
Lulu: Meow...
Jude: No, I feel like it's similar to a spirit's power...
Elle: Spirit..?
Jude: A mysterious existence that connects humans and nature.  They're rare in Olympios, but there are lots of them back in my homeland Lieze Maxia. 
Elle: Scary things like that.... a huge load of them?!
Judes: Even though Spirits possess strong power, but they're not human's enemy.  And also, Elle.  Ludger's neither a scary person nor a bad person.  He's the owner of this little guy (Lulu) after all.
Elle: ... Is that so?
Lulu: Meow?
Jude: Haha...

------------------------

Lulu: Meow~~!
Julius: Don't come!  Leave everything to me....

option: (Leave everything to me...)
L1:  Tell me what's going on!
R1:  ... I understand.


L1 route >
Julius: You don't have to know.  I said.... you don't have to know!!!
Jude: Ludger!
Ludger: Ugh! (battle)
Jude: Just what in the world..
Elle: Is this..!

Nova: ! What's this?!
Verand: This guy... to my employees...!  Hey!  Hurry up and kill him!

option: (Hurry up and kill him!)
L1:  No way I can kill my brother!
R1:  Kill brother.


L1 route >
Verand: You're going to cover him?  This monster!?
Julius: You're... too kind.... That's why!!
Verand: !
Nova: !
Elle: Ah, ahh....
Julius: I told you not to come...
Elle: Yahh~~~!!!!
Jude: It's no use! Someone tampered with the breaks... !
Elle: Wh..what is this?!
All: Uwahhh!!

- END -

6 comments:

  1. Thx a lot for your great work, i'll be waiting for the next chapters ;)
    Ja ne!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your awesome translations! It's really kind of you to do this! I can't wait for the rest of the chapters! It's really going to help me when I play ToX2 so I can't thank you enough. It's a great help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate this. I know it takes some time to translate all this. Just wanted to show my thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! This is really helpful! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much! The world needs more goddess like you!

    ReplyDelete